May 14, 2010 – The American Bar Association will be presenting “Digital Platforms 101” as part of their Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries on May 25, 2010. The 90-minute teleconference and live audio webcast will take place at the following times:
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (EST)
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. (CST)
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (MST)
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. (PST)
This teleconference will present an overview of the major digital video distribution platforms, services and business models. Some of the specific topics covered will include:
- digital rights management (DRM) solutions;
- top digital media trends and online advertising;
- issues with online video and TV programming;
- digital and global digital distribution;
- collaborations between technology companies and media content owners;
- licensing terms and authorizations for copyrighted content; and
- comparisons of digital distribution technologies, royalties, services, and DRM solutions within the U.S. and abroad.
Speaking during the webcast will be:
- Melissa Devita, lead business and legal affairs executive of FLO TV;
- Steve Gordon Law, author of “The Future of Music Business: How to Succeed with the New Digital Technologies”; and
- Gary Greenstein of Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati.
If you’re looking for some CLE credit while learning about the importance of digital video when considering content on your website, this may be the teleconference for you! “Digital Platforms 101” is worth 1.5 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states, 1.8 hours in 50-minute states, with 1.5 credits available in New York. These credits are accepted in all states except Delaware, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kansas and Ohio.
To sign up for the teleconference or for more information, visit the ABA Continuing Legal Education website (www.abanet.org/cle).
Digital video has become a mainstream way for law firms to create and share their own video blogs, commercials, and client testimonials through their websites. Knowing how to harness the power of this new media, as well as keep yourself out of trouble when it comes to disclaimers and copyrighted materials can help save you headaches in the long run.
At We Do Web Content we help lawyers across the country optimize their websites with custom content to boost their search engine rankings. Once visitors are at your page you can capture their attention with online video as part of your Internet marketing. For affordable, quality content exclusive to YOUR website, blog and clients, contact us today! 1-888-521-3880