November 8, 2011 – Thanks to the Panda-shaped cloud dominating the Google-related newsfeed, it’s been a while since we looked at Google+. Yes, Google’s social media product is still alive and kicking, and continuing to listen to users by adding a long sought-after feature: pages.
When Google+ was first released on a trial basis, businesses were clamoring to grab an account and establish a business page. Google, in turn, told companies to relax and wait patiently so the company could ensure the business listing platform was in top shape.
Unlike Facebook-which has been an evolutionary process with trial and error-Google+ ensured businesses will get the correct account listing from the get-go. To do this, they disallowed business accounts as personal pages until they rolled out the new Google+ Pages option. Facebook had to learn as it grew, which meant an early-adopter business may have gone through various stages of Facebook presence.
Here’s a basic example of how Facebook Pages came to be:
- When all you could do was create personal pages, many businesses rigged them to represent their company rather than an individual.
- When Facebook Groups were released, businesses started creating groups to allow users to join up with them.
- Facebook realized that they needed to create a way for businesses to have a presence without pretending to be an individual, so they created Facebook Pages.
- Facebook began to verify real pages for celebrities and famous brands after too many imposters claimed listings.
- To allow multiple users to administer a business presence, Facebook allowed admin privleges to be shared among several users and transferred.
- Finally, Facebook rolled out custom page URLs and the rest is history in the making…
So here we are with Google+ Pages, and they’re very similar to Facebook Pages, including the look:
On a side note, Facebook has a Google+ page. Although since Google has a page on Facebookit’s not too shocking.
Since Google products for business marketing have proven to be highly successful, We Do Web Content is working diligently to learn all the tricks and gear up to develop this new platform for our clients! If you’re interested in learning more, tomorrow’s Searchcore blog is all about Google+ Pages!
When your business is looking for quality, custom content for your website, newsletters, and social media marketing look no further than We Do Web Content. Having unique content on your website is a great way to increase search engine rankings and boost your Internet marketing. For affordable, quality content exclusive to YOUR website, blog and clients, contact us today! 1-888-521-3880.