December 29, 2009 – It’s almost a new year which means new possibilities to grow your legal website and attract new clients through your website. Part of this growth will entail creating legal web content that connects your practice to your target audience and helping that legal content appear in organic search engine results with SEO keywords and techniques.
Below we’ve compiled a list of helpful tips to get your legal content noticed and get your search enigne rankings in shape for 2010.
- Publishing Content Regularly – Legal web content should always be relevant to your legal practice while addressing the topics and information people are searching for online. To help attract new visitors as well as sustain or improve your search engine rankings, it’s important to constantly create and publish legal content to your website. Whether it is through daily blogs, weekly articles and FAQs, or some combination thereof, search engines look for fresh content when considering the relevance of a website and the more engaging legal content you publish, the more chances you are creating for someone to find your website. People are turning to the Internet more and more to locate legal services and this trend will only continue to grow in 2010, which means creating a solid online presence is more important now than ever.
- Finding Your Audience – The legal content on your website needs to speak directly to your target audience. This means you first have to identify what audience you are writing for, what information they are seeking, and what wording they respond to. After you have this established, you need to look at different avenues of marketing your company online. Social networking, online videos, creating an external blog, participating in online forums, and publishing articles on external websites and directories are great strategies to reach your online audience. Do some research and look at the type of websites your target audience frequents, what social media they tend to use, and the like. Putting your name and legal content where people tend to search for it will move you one step closer to achieving your online marketing goals.
- Go with SEO – It almost goes without saying, but creating legal content without SEO strategies in mind just isn’t helpful. With so many other law firms in your area competing for those top spots on Google, you need to ensure your website is competitive. Without including researched SEO keywords and Meta tags in your legal web content, even the most exciting and informative article will not rank well in search engine results and no one will be able to find it. Your website is too large of an investment to let it flounder because all the pieces of the puzzle are not in place. An effective SEO legal content strategy can increase the impact of your website and lead to greater client conversions and overall satisfaction.
- Diversify your Legal Content – Not all legal topics make great articles and sometimes a large subject should be broken down into a series of smaller, more digestible pieces. Creating different kinds of legal content is important to keep your website dynamic and engaging. Having one or several specialized blogs, a comprehensive FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, a glossary of complex legal terms, a library of articles separated into clear categories, and even search engine optimized landing pages are all productive options to increase the SEO content of your legal website and keep your web visitors engaged.
- Show Your Expertise – No one wants to hear you go on and on about being a law expert and the leader in your field — they want you to prove it. So how can you show your expertise instead of just telling people you are an expert? Simple, just write fabulous legal content that gives people the information they are looking for! Writing an article that just talks about what a great lawyer you are is boring. That information should be on your About Us page, but mostly just implied elsewhere. People want to know the steps that go into filing a personal injury lawsuit, how much compensation they might receive after being injured in a car accident, and so on. Use your expertise to write highly informative articles and blogs that showcase your knowledge. Don’t just tell them you are great, show them why you are the best lawyer for their case.
For more tips on how to get the most out of your SEO content and drive more traffic to your website, Contact We Do Web Content today!
Having search engine optimized copy makes it easy for search engines to find your Web pages. If your website doesn’t have the top search engine ranking on Google, We Do Web Content can help boost your web marketing goals. We Do Web Content takes pride in producing high-quality and affordable SEO web copy that is clean, consistent, and formatted for Internet marketing. We get excited when your website’s search engine ranking climbs and YOU ARE FOUND. Get started today – 1-888-521-3880.