August 18, 2009 – When it comes to style, everyone will have an opinion and likely there will always be people that disagree; however, there are certain factors of annoyance when it comes to websites that can make or break your bottom line.
Search Engine Watch published a great article recently about annoying website features that frequently appear on ecommerce websites that could easily drive potential customers away. Even if your website is more service based than product-selling, there are still a few good rules of thumb that apply.
Below are a few of my favorites:
- The more products you sell, the clearer your navigation and sell message needs to be.
- If you force customers to download an ActiveX control or Flash update to view a page, they will most likely leave
- Don’t abuse email addresses. Don’t send email blasts daily and never sell email addresses to other companies!
- If you have an option to enlarge a photo, make the photo larger, don’t just bring up the photo in the same size in a new window.
- White text on a dark background is hard to read, don’t give your customers a reason to ignore your SEO content!
Check out the entire article on SEW for more great web design features to avoid!
When developing an online marketing strategy it is important that you select a company that has Internet marketing experience, which includes copywriting, SEO services, and website promotion. We Do Web Content specializes in affordable SEO writing that will get your website a top search engine ranking. We combine organic SEO tools with web marketing know-how to increase the search engine placement and SEO ranking of your Web pages. Get started now by taking advantage of our FREE consultation – – 1- 888- 521-3880.