September 22, 2009 – When you are just beginning to plan the content of your website, it’s important to recognize your overall goals before getting down to the nitty gritty details. Ask yourself the obvious, but often overlooked questions, such as:
What are the main goals of your website? Yes, to inform potential clients about your business/services/etc., but why are those services important? What are your visitors looking for?
What sets your website apart from your competitors? How can you provide these services better than anyone else?
Who is your target audience? It’s not about being all things to all people, it’s about identifying the main groups who are in need of your services and promoting yourself to them specifically.
After you’ve gotten a few ideas about what your website should be about and how your website needs to stand out from competing services online, you can translate those goals to creating a website content development plan, including:
- main subjects, subtopics, and niche areas of practice to write about
- FAQs to enhance your visitors’ knowledge about your service and inform their purchasing decisions
- whether you want to create a singular blog, several topic-specific blogs, or internal and external blogs
- how many landing pages your website may require (at least initially)
- how your content fits in to your overall online marketing strategies and vice versa
Has your website been optimized for content and search? If not, contact We Do Web Content and learn how we can improve the SEO content and search engine visibility of your website!
Having search engine optimized copy makes it easy for search engines to find your Web pages. If your website doesn’t have a first page search engine ranking on Google, We Do Web Content can help boost your web marketing goals. We Do Web Content takes pride in producing high-quality and affordable SEO web copy that is clean, consistent, and formatted for Internet marketing. We get excited when your website’s search engine ranking climbs and YOU ARE FOUND. Get started today – 1-888-521-3880.