If you are trying to lose weight and are an emotional eater, it will be harder for you to lose the weight no matter what weight loss program you use. About.com offers these questions to ask yourself to find out if you are an emotional eater:
Emotional Eater Questions:
- Do you ever eat without realizing you’re even doing it?
- Do you often feel guilty or ashamed after eating?
- Do you often eat alone or at odd locations, such as parked in your car outside your own house?
- After an unpleasant experience, such as an argument, do you eat even if you aren’t feeling hungry?
- Do you crave specific foods when you’re upset, such as always desiring chocolate when you’re feeling depressed?
- Do you feel the urge to eat in response to outside cues like seeing food advertised on television?
- Do you eat because you feel there’s nothing else to do?
- Does eating make you feel better when you’re down or less focused on problems when you’re worried about something?
Are you dying to hit the beach before summer is over? Visit our library to learn more about losing weight.