A microsite (also referred to as a “minisite” or “weblet”) is a website that is comprised of an individual page or a cluster of pages which supplement a company’s primary website. The microsite typically will have its own URL distinct from the primary site.
Microsites are particularly useful if your business offers a variety of products or services and you want to highlight one segment, individually, for your customers. The minisite offers specialized information on products and can be a permanent place to showcase the product, or a temporary site during a product launch or promotion.
Additional purposes of microsites include:
- Providing service or support for a specific product
- Listing detailed information relevant to a new product
- Creating a keyword-friendly “home” for a new product to improve search engine rankings
- Decreasing pay-per-click expenditures by focusing keywords in one place and improving Quality Scores
- Increasing a primary site’s page rankings by providing inbound links via the microsite
Examples of microsites include the following:
- Dunkin’ Donuts microsite promoting their new Dunkin Run iPhone application
- Pizza Hut’s microsite cross-promoting the Terminator Pizza and the release of the Terminator Salvation movie
Microsites can be a useful tool in your overall marketing strategy. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your company get found.