Facebook’s overwhelming popularity has made it a wonderful opportunity for companies to expand their online presence and connect with customers on a personal level.
To get the most out of your Facebook fan page, we’ve compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts to guide your social media marketing efforts.
- Personalize Your Page – Social networking fans join sites like Facebook to interact and connect with other users. If you want your fans to take notice of your page, you need to include information that takes some of the mystery out of your company. Use your page to reflect your brand, introduce key employees, and provide interests both inside and out of your industry.
- Pick Your Applications Wisely – There are thousands of Facebook applications that can help you run your fan page more efficiently, but clogging up your entire page won’t help get your message across. Pick the applications that will help you the most and try to limit the overall amount.
- Update, But Don’t Overdo It – Updates are an important way to keep your fans up-to-date on new products, promotions, and changes going on at your company, but daily updates (especially when they aren’t serving a purpose) will take up extra space on all your fan’s walls and prove more annoying than insightful.
- Communicate – Your fan page is a great medium for promoting your company, but it works even better when you use it to communicate with your customers and not just try to sell them your product. Use your page to talk to your customers and other visitors, and listen to what they have to say. Their feedback can help you develop your page and give you ideas on new directions for your products and services.
- Integrate – Facebook is a wonderful platform for promotion, but that doesn’t mean you should exclude your other marketing efforts. Use links and widgets to introduce your customers to your main website, blogs, other social media profiles (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.). You can also use RSS feeds to update your fan page with information and let your Facebook fan page work for your brand.
Learn more about what not to do on Facebook.
Thinking about starting a Facebook fan page for your business? Contact WeDOwebContent todayat 1-888-521-3880 and ask us about our social media management services.